A brand communication consultancy that specializes in the digital medium however we believe that communication does not exist in silos of mediums. It is free flowing from one consumer touchpoint to another, connecting with what a customer finds relevant, interesting & helps build an experience for him/her.
We deliver these experiences without having a rigid structure or fancy methodology or dazzling /confusing you with jargons. We don’t even have a servicing team or the typical creative team; so no overselling & no more focussing on how the creative director gets the next award.
Instead we believe in certain simple things:
1. Amorphous: We believe every client & business problem is unique to varying levels so should our approach. Our ideas can come in the form of social media campaigns, ORM solutions, branding solutions or even ‘how to make our customers happy whenever they feel sad’ (check out http://youtu.be/o3Rd156u4Y4 )
2. No creative, servicing, planning etc: Imagine a regular agency structure –execution of a client’s brief seems like an intriguing case of Chinese whispers. The servicing guy oversells & over commits, focusing on whatever it takes to get the business. Then the planner takes over (whenever he finds time for an existing client & not a new business pitch). He thinks, googles, downloads reports ,even conducts surveys among his office colleagues & their family…focusing on whatever it takes to create a kickass presentation deck. His insights are taken by the creative, they think of the craziest most interesting idea ,these days probably try to involve Facebook or Twitter somehow & once they have cracked the idea fit in the insight from planning.
..This may be oversimplifying it but what is interesting is that throughout the focus changes from more money, to great strategy deck to great idea but somehow the singular focus on what impact’s the clients business is missing. They are quite a few exceptions to this rule & a lot of those exceptions make great campaigns & most others cause everyone to wonder “What was the ROI of this marketing initiative.”
At Brandlogist the rules are simple:
- If you are not creative then what the hell are you doing in advertising??!
- If you think your idea is creative & useful for the client then your work doesn’t stop at creating the idea but you need to convince the client about it. In the process at best we will deliver impact & earn revenue ,at worst both of us will learn from each other.
- For us advertising isn’t just an art. It’s using art to deliver actual business or communication impact.
- We believe in spending much more money on using the best tools & technologies than on award show entries. Doesn’t mean we won’t participate or don’t aspire for these awards but first we should believe we deserve them & our client’s customers should feel we deserve them.
- The idea is to hire the best people & fit them in roles they enjoy are good at. Also allows us to hire multifaceted individuals where we are building a strong content team of photographers, video editors & other domain experts.
3. An ethical, honest agency: This & the next are probably the biggest reasons I started Brandlogist.
I love communication, love marketing but was tired of bullshitting clients & in most cases the system expected me to. As an ex boss once told me “Jhoot nahi bolega to bechega kaise?” (If you don’t lie how will you sell?). I never bought that, I still don’t.
I believe a client doesn’t hire you because you sweet talk him ,you take him out for drinks, dinner or the girl in servicing is hot. These things influence but at the end of the day he wants value for his brand, maybe because he’s committed to his job or because he’s scared of losing his job. Whatever his/her reasons may be I would still like to believe that delivering value & being upfront about things matters. So at the end of the day that’s what we focus on -being honest both internally & externally.
4. We are not always the best but we have the best intentions: Nowhere can we claim to be always the best,we would want to be & at times believe that we are but we realize that they are lot’s of really talented people out there.
We can’t guarantee that we will always be better than others but what we can guarantee is that we will have the best of intentions. That may not seem a ‘groundbreaking’ thought but at most times having the best intentions & doing right for your client is all that matters. Rest falls into place
5. We shall be small,very Small: We plan to remain small & niche, taking on only a maximum of 5 clients at a time & a few projects .Going beyond this may increase our bottomline but we are not sure if we can add value to the clients or add value to our lives (which is definitely not just chasing numbers)
6. Can advertising be fun,creative, happy: Can it be an aspirational career opportunity. Can freshers who join advertising stopped being treated like s*** (pardon my language,but 4k-8k/month for 6-9 months,seriously??).Can we stop being looked as just people who execute & more as people who think? Can we learn to treat people across divisions & hierarchy with respect & come back to be treated as partners not vendors.
We at Brandlogist believe it’s possible.We hope to do it - at least in part, hopefully fully. But I promise you one thing, if we can’t ..we will shut shop rather than just exist.
Almost 4 months gone, started with an earnest desire…& yes we won’t fool you , except on April 1st maybe ;-)
PS-For feedback or comments mail us on email@example.com or post on http://www.facebook.com/Brandlogist